An Ambulette from MedCare is crewed by a MedCare Partner who is trained to assist mobility challenged patients who are otherwise independent and require assistance getting to and from appointments. Each Ambulette is a wheelchair van with a purpose-built lift to assist entering and exiting the vehicle, and features special equipment for securing the patient's wheelchair for safe and efficient transport.
- Speed-monitored wheelchair vans equipped with advanced Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) systems from Verizon.
- Continuous link to GPS routing and direct integration with MedComm's dispatch operations software for 24/7 assistance and safety monitoring.
- Crewed by a Partner with special training to assist patients with mobility challenges.
- Supported by MedCare's fleet of Basic and Advanced Life Support ambulances in the event of an emergency.
- Safe, clean and quiet climate-controlled transport environments.
- Strict vehicle maintenance routines.