MedCare's service area has undergone a dramatic expansion since the founding of the company in 2010. What began as four ALS ambulances initially serving The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, with Ohio Health hospitals Riverside Methodist and Grant Medical Center transitioning over later that year, has expanded to cover much of Central and Southeastern Ohio with an average of fifty units on the road each day.
With physical bases in Athens, Franklin, Highland, Marion, Pickaway, Pike and Ross counties making up the backbone of our service coverage, MedCare is able to provide mutual aid to the surrounding area and currently posts assets in Hardin county to meet additional demand. Our mutual aid coverage also allows us to provide ground support to many of MedFlight's helicopter bases in the event of inclement weather.
- AthensServing Athens county.
- ChillicotheServing Ross county.
- CirclevilleServing Pickaway county.
- ColumbusServing Franklin and Delaware counties.
- GreenfieldServing Highland county.
- LancasterProviding mutual aid to Fairfield and surrounding counties.
- MarionServing Marion and Hardin counties.
- WaverlyServing Pike county.